Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We’re now entering the next phase of our evolution. Over the next five to seven years, we expect to broaden our applications of genetics and expand our client base globally. This will enable customer access to genetic information at unprecedented affordability levels, through large scale partnerships while balancing critical vertical integration.
In the short term, we need to build an agile supply chain (including bringing online third-party manufacturing capacity) to meet the strong demand we see from customers around the world for our products and services. We will need to continuously improve operating margins while simultaneously bringing new products to market. Over time, we expect that we will have to help create a new ecosystem to look for improvement opportunities to materially reduce time-to-market and reduce the time to deliver service to patients.
To orchestrate all of this, we’re looking for an experienced operations leader who can integrate world-class process manufacturing and supply chain expertise with cutting-edge genetics science to operate global supply chains capable of scaling dynamically.
This role will be a senior operations executive in the company, responsible for all supply chain, logistics, real estate, and facilities functions, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Broadly, this role is responsible for the delivery of Invitae’s novel products into diverse, global end markets. This will require:
- Developing a global supply chain strategy, from sourcing to end customer.
- Standing up and managing a network of contract manufacturers to ensure delivery of our initial products, on-time, on-budget and in accordance with industry-specific quality specifications.
- Developing a global logistics strategy to manage the movement of patient samples, expediting the efforts to progress from samples to data
- Conducting process design and scale-up for manufacturing processes and associated downstream processing.
- Leading real estate search, construction and operation of facilities needed to rapidly scale the generation of genetic testing information.
- Implementing quality assurance systems, internally and with external supplier base.
- Matching capacity to demand; partner with the sales team to develop appropriate paths to scale.
- Building the team to deliver; attract, develop and retain distinctive and diverse talent.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in:
- Designing and managing supply chains, including development of alternative supply chains for flexibility and robustness.
- Achieving impossible timelines, through a combination of superior planning, proven assessment of risk and the ability to inspire and enable others to move fast.
- Process engineering. We need a leader with both the lived experience of best-in-class operations and also the knowledge, mental agility, and self-confidence to find new, better solutions to problems.
- Building facilities, systems and processes from scratch, e.g., setting up new labs and manufacturing facilities.
- Partnership and collaboration. We need a leader who is skilled in complementing and expanding their own broad experience. They must be aware of their limits and able to tap into and extend their professional network to connect with people who bring additional skills and experience. They emphasize team over personal goals and are able to play different roles to support the team.
- Communication. In our diverse organization, keeping everyone aligned to deliver impact at pace requires distinctive communication skills.
While the ideal candidate would have some exposure to life sciences, this is not necessary. Some experience in continuous manufacturing processes is preferred.
Read Full Job Description