You’re not likely to find any snozzwangers or whangdoodles at the upcoming Dinner of Pure Imagination at Saint Kate, 139 E Kilbourn Ave. But you will be treated to a gloriumptious one-of-a-kind dinner, plus a golden ticket good for an evening of Oompa Loompa filled theater.
In fact, if a four-course meal featuring fizzy lifting drinks and whipple scrumptious fudgemallow bars served up in a magical, super secret restaurant location sounds intriguing, you’re going to want to secure your tickets for the affair, which takes place on Saturday, June 4 at 5:30 p.m.
During the event, guests will enjoy their fantastical meal inside Saint Kate’s hidden dining space, The Dark Room, followed by a live performance of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” at the Marcus Performing Arts Center. One lucky diner will also receive a golden ticket that comes with a very special reward.
Curious about what’s in store? Here’s the menu
- Overture: Fizzy Lifting Drink
- ACT one: Charlie Bucket Bread | country ‘button’ bread with whipped ham ‘butter’
- ACT two: Augustus Gloopwurst | smoked Bavarian sausage with cherry mostarda (paired with Founders KBS)
- ACT three: The Chewing Gum Meal | heirloom tomato gazpacho with charred fennel relish; roasted beef tenderloin; hasselback baked potato; marrow onion soubise and blueberry ricotta tart (paired with Hartford Court Lands Edge Pinot Noir)
- ACT four: Whipple Scrumptuous Fudgemallow Delight Bar (paired with a “Chocolate River” bourbon cream espresso martini)
- Parting gift: Rupert Salt Peanut Co. malted sea salt peanuts
Tickets for the Dinner of Pure Imagination are available online for $200 per person. Each ticket includes the four-course dinner, beverage pairings and a ticket to the Milwaukee Repertory Theater’s performance of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” following your meal.