The RealReal is seeking out a highly-strategic experienced Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Category Manager to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity to build Supply Chain sourcing solutions for Logistics, Small Parcel, Material Handling Equipment, Photo Equipment Technology, and 3rd Party Logistics and Distribution services. As part of The RealReal’s Sourcing and Procurement organization within Finance, you will be responsible for leading category management, spend analysis, market intelligence and benchmarking, end-to-end Sourcing, contract negotiations, reporting and vendor management.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across The RealReal to strategically develop, implement and optimize category, sourcing and vendor management solutions
- Manage end-to-end sourcing projects, including planning, RFx development and execution, measurement, and optimization
- Drive market intelligence and competitive benchmarking for your category, leverage key cost drivers and total cost of ownership (TCO) to inform strategies
- Develop and lead negotiation strategy and execution while ensuring alignment with key stakeholders
- Drive continuous improvement strategies within the sourcing dept, category, and supplier agreements
- Identify, develop and deploy industry-leading category management and supplier management practices
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of experience in Consulting, Supply Chain, Operations, or Strategic Sourcing
- BS degree in Business, Supply Chain, Sourcing, Finance, Operations, or Management
- MBA/MA, and/or Black Belt in Six Sigma/Continuous improvement preferred
- ISM CPSM, or equivalent preferred
- International/ global experience a plus
- Highly motivated, strategic thinker with proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience driving change, improve end-to-end processes, flourishing in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury – a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.