Procore is seeking an experienced Procurement Sourcing Manager to support company-wide purchasing needs and maintain procurement policies and strategy. You’ll manage various tactical and strategic purchasing efforts across the company, liaise with the business owners in departments across the company to receive requests for purchases, understand the business case and business needs, and help source the required products by developing and maintaining excellent vendor partnerships.
As a Procurement Sourcing Manager, you’ll continue to build and maintain the Procurement team’s foundations, including reporting, company compliance, and education materials for the company. Success in this role requires experience working in a procurement department for a software or technology company and familiarity with scaling a company’s procurement efforts. If you have a passion for developing and sharpening your core procurement competencies—we encourage you to apply!
This role will report to our Manager, Procurement, and has the opportunity to be based out of our Austin, Texas location. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Negotiate mutually beneficial high-value purchasing agreements with key vendors to secure advantageous terms and maintain positive partnerships
- Strategize and execute successful sourcing strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and increase productivity
- Build and maintain the purchasing process and policies with the Procurement Manager
- Evaluate existing contracts, processes, and systems
- Implement improvements in the company purchase order system and renewals tracking software
- Collaborate with key persons and teams across the company to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Adjust negotiation strategy to account for the comparative negotiating ability of both outside vendors and business principles within the company
- Control spend and help build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a procurement department; preferably at a software or technology company
- Talent in negotiations and networking; must be comfortable independently leading negotiations with vendors and obtaining competitive pricing and terms
- Experience with real estate negotiations or contractor/consultant negotiations a plus
- Familiarity with excel
- Willingness to learn new systems, processes and an ability to catch on quickly
- Strong knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience with a Procure to Pay software like Coupa a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to train others on procurement policies
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That’s why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.