Inspire Brands, which owns more than 11,000 Arby’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, Sonic Drive-In, Rusty Taco and Jimmy John’s restaurants, is on a mission to promote food safety and has partnered with CMX1 to better manage its supply chain.
“At Inspire, our purpose is to ignite and nourish flavorful experiences,” Byron Theodore, senior director of Global Quality Assurance for Inspire Brands, said in a company press release. “That starts with serving great food that is sourced from best-in-class suppliers with quality systems in place to promote food safety.”
The chain is deploying CMX1 to help manage supplier relationships and compliance, bringing critical automation and speed to the product commercialization process, managing and monitoring food safety and quality assurance, and resolving non-conformances from audits and product quality incidents experienced by suppliers, Theodore said.
“The use of CMX1 will be an important part to the successful move toward a more integrated approach across all our brands,” he said. “With its unique ability to manage and bring visibility across multiple brands, CMX1 is designed to do the heavy lifting by centralizing data, decreasing paper, and enabling automation to ensure our suppliers are meeting our expectations and standards as we scale.”
Inspire will use CMX1 for:
- Supplier evaluations, onboarding and product commercialization approvals.
- Managing supplier compliance with regard to FSMA requirements, HACCP controls, process flows, food safety, sustainability and animal welfare practices when applicable.
- Product specification authoring and approvals including internal collaboration with R&D and suppliers.
- Ongoing quality management and monitoring through product testing, evaluations and inspections.
- Collecting GFSI audits and conducting onsite and virtual process control audits at supplier production facilities.
- Supply chain traceability, including the resolution of product quality incidents and executing product withdrawals and recalls.
- Enterprise reporting and supplier scorecards
The Arby’s brand has already gone live with CMX1 in several key areas. Prior to the selection of CMX1 by Inspire, Sonic Drive-In was already a customer of CMX, according to the release.