Helping to bridge the gap between supplier carbon reporting and environment saving action, procurement professionals have a key role to play in the fight against climate change.
Procurement is on the frontline.
To really make a difference, the procurement professional first needs to know the reference frameworks and measurement methodologies. Then, as decarbonisation is data-driven, make sure they have the right tools to collect, analyse and monitor the data. And finally, they should use the insights the data has given them to re-think their supplier ecosystems’ management.
The first part of the webinar will be led by Dr. Natacha Tréhan, Professor in Purchasing Management at Grenoble Alpes University (France) and answer the following questions:
- What does Net Zero mean? What are the reference frameworks?
- How is the carbon footprint of the supply chain measured?
- What are the best practices among companies?
- What does Procurement have to do with this?
- When and why does supplier management need a re-think?
Tréhan will be followed by Arnaud Malardé, Procurement & Sustainability expert at Ivalua, who will present buyers with the best available solutions to help them on the road to carbon neutrality.