United Autosports are looking to recruit race mechanics to join their growing historic motorsport department.
Reports to: Paul Haigh, Historic Motorsport Manager and Dickie Stanford, Historic Motorsport Project Manager.
Roles and responsibilities briefly include, but are not limited to:
• Assembly, service and operation of the cars at the workshop and race events worldwide
• Responsible for preparing all types of race cars to the highest professional standards.
• Working with race engineers on event
• Assist the Historic Motorsport Project Managers with record keeping of each car in the care of United Autosports
• Keeping track of time spent on each project
• Ability to load trucks and deal with spare parts and equipment travelling by air and sea freight
About this role:
• The role will include international travel and the candidate must have an up to date passport and driving licence
• The candidate will take direction from the Project Managers and front time to time, the Team Owners
• The role is hugely varied, with the candidate working on a range of exceptional historic race cars
• The candidate needs to be an excellent team player with a good work ethic and flexible attitude to work
• The role requires a high level of commitment and candidates must possess a strong competitive nature
• The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of Formula 3 or LMP3 experience and exhibit strong mechanical, technical and organisational skills
• The candidate should be computer literate
• This is a full-time position, based at the United Autosports workshops in Wakefield
• Regular hours are 09:00-17:00 with half an hour for lunch. Some weekend and evening work will be required.