January 8, 2021
The Skyline College Drive-Thru Community Market launched in September and provided groceries to 300 families in the first day. This past week marked our 17th weekly food distribution event and served 825 families! Each family receives almost 40 lbs of groceries, including milk, eggs, pasta, rice, fresh produce, canned goods and dry goods, as well as a protein item (ham, chicken, turkey, etc.). Second Harvest Food Bank calculates that the over 429,000 pounds of groceries distributed have offset over $768,500 in grocery costs for the most at risk members of our local community.
This weekly event is held at Skyline College every Wednesday, 11:00am-1:00pm and has been extended through May 2021. SparkPoint, public safety, and facilities staff work along side volunteers from Skyline College, SMCCCD and our local community to distribute pre-boxed groceries while adhering to all COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols.
- Only drive-thru pickups will be served
- All participants must remain in their cars at all times and wear a mask
- Open to students and the community
- No I.D required to pick up food
- Please call 650-738-7970 for weather and air quality closure updates
- Please use Skyline Blvd entrance
This press release was produced by Skyline College. The views expressed are the author’s own.