The Area Sales Manager is responsible for executing within key on- and off-premise accounts by growing sales and market share through product distribution, display execution and promotion within their assigned area. This position will concentrate on a key area and focus solely on the retail execution of Sierra Nevada brands. The Area Sales Manager will spend approximately 90% of their time in retail execution.
- Retail Execution
- Call on existing account base within area to obtain new distribution, execute promotional activity and increase market share
- Solicit new business to increase volume/distribution/share within the assigned area
- Identify retail opportunities and sell/execute against those opportunities
- Ensure proper merchandising of product and point-of-sale materials within area and according to our brand standards
- Generate sales by maintaining/increasing shelf facings and positioning
- Merchandise and service accounts according to brand standards including our Q/A measures- clean POS, rotate stock, check code dates, packaging repair/replacement, etc.
- Identify field quality concerns and report using appropriate procedures (Formstack forms, Keg Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)).
- Coordinate events and promotions to deliver greater brand awareness and stimulate sales
- Conduct staff educations, beer tastings and other events as needed
- Execute monthly National Account opportunities
- On- and Off-Premise: securing displays, ensuring beer placement, closing gaps, checking quality and POS support
- Coordinate with wholesaler on National Account mandates
- Provide feedback to National Account team as to what is working at retail and challenges
- Accomplish sales goals in accordance with our Skill Selling Techniques and Minimum Performance Standards (160 Calls/Visit per month)
- Coordinate and conduct team sales with wholesaler
- Provide exceptional service to assigned accounts with the goal of becoming their craft beer consultant
- Sales Administration
- Operate effectively within the brewery and budgetary guidelines
- Compile and submit reports on assigned area and general market information to management team and wholesaler
- Complete monthly sales call calendar by the 20th of the previous month
- Utilize sales tools (KARMA, VIP, Nielsen, Power BI, etc.) effectively
- Recap weekly KARMA accomplishments to wholesaler
- Some aspects of wholesaler management may be required based on business needs.
- Coordinate with wholesaler on commitment closure opportunities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of business to business sales experience required
- Previous sales experience in the alcohol beverage industry is preferred
- Minimum 2-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- In depth knowledge of state and federal liquor laws required
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve company business plan goals; including volume, distribution, and profitability
- Strong organization and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.’s history, culture and product
- Ability to interface with various levels of management at both retail and wholesale
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent sales skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals?
- Moderate travel (up to 30%) required, primarily to customer sites and required meetings
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to work in an office setting spending time in front of a computer screen with the need to use hands and fingers to type. Regularly required to work in an out-of-office setting with long periods of sitting while driving (individually and as a passenger) or flying. Occasionally exposed to outside elements and refrigerated rooms. Possible exposure to second-hand smoke while working in on-premise establishments. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may occasionally be moderate or require hearing protection (visiting distribution centers and warehouses).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 44 pound cases without assistance and maneuver 168 pound kegs safely and with proper body mechanics. While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last three years
- Hours and days will vary according to business need, and will include nights and weekends
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and driver license check
- Selected candidate will be required to reside in/or relocate to the specified market area (Atlanta, GA)
** Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on December 30th, 2019**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer