Supply Chain Council of European Union |

Seventy students suffocate after gas leak from nearby factory wafted into school – World News

More than 70 students have suffocated due to a gas leak near their school.

The incident took place in Hussein Mersal Technical Secondary School in the Egyptian city of Aswan.

The leak came from a nearby factory, Al-midan News reports.

The Aswan Ambulance Facility, headed by Dr.  Mohamed Al-Dakhbili, received a notification of the accident involving more than 70 students and teachers due to the fumes resulting from nearby Kima factory.

Ambulances attended the scene to take the people to Aswan University Hospital for treatment.

Authorities are continuing their efforts to eliminate the source of the emission.

Most people with asphyxia were discharged from hospital after recovery and treatment, according to Shamra.

The governor of Aswan, Major General Ahmed Ibrahim, went to the old Kima Factory and ordered the chairman to stop operations emitting harmful fumes.

The incident happened in the city of Aswan

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online

He also contacted the Minister of Environment, Dr. Yasmine Fouad, to take the necessary measures with the factory management.

At least seven people were killed and 16 injured following a gas leak in a Nile Delta village on November 13.

A local resident said the smell of gas was everywhere and a hospital in the area was packed.

Related posts

Alfa Laval moves into new heat exchanger factory


Ford Mustang factory to build respirators for coronavirus fight, UAW says


China uses dairy factory to show it’s getting back to work