You will be joining a fast paced award winning procurement team at an exciting and important time in driving standards and best practice within our category led approach to procurement. You will play an important role in the delivery of a forward thinking, flexible, creative, commercial and collaborative procurement team, which aims to exemplify excellent procurement practice.
If you are ambitious, have significant experience and skills in public sector procurement, with a flair for delivering commercial, creative and solution focused procurement strategies and outcomes then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for people who demonstrate all of the Council’s behaviours and expectations and continually strive for excellence. You will be confident and highly competent in developing and running high value and complex procurements. You will have excellent people skills, attention to detail and be able to perform under significant pressure to challenging and changing timescales, alongside managing and delivering to stakeholder expectations. You will have excellent knowledge of the category areas identified and have significant market and commercial knowledge.
The Councils procurement team has recently refocused its categories into the following three strategic areas;
- Adults, Public Health & Children’s Category
- Corporate & IT Category
- Built Category (includes Construction & Infrastructure, Housing, Facilities Management, Transport & Environment)
We are looking for a candidate with experience of working in a senior procurement role supporting the IT & Corporate category.
This is a specialist procurement role, the successful candidates will need:
- Significant experience and knowledge in procurement practice and are CIPS Level 5 qualified (or above) or can demonstrate that they have been working to an equivalent level.
- Significant experience of working in the category areas mentioned with a clear understanding of market challenges and opportunities
- Substantial knowledge and practical experience of providing professional procurement advice and guidance in line with Council and EU procurement rules.
- Significant experience of managing complex procurement activities across the Council for goods, works and services.
- To be solution focused, risk aware and able to deliver change by influencing and engaging stakeholders, with a professional, proactive and “can-do” approach.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Jane Lockwood or Ruth Calladine on 01484 221000.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Interviews will take place virtually on the 24th November
19 November 2020, 11:55 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.