Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
The Procurement Systems Administrator will sit within the Commercial Procurement Team, they will help to define key processes and drive the rollout and adoption of procurement systems across the business, including Ariba Sourcing, Contract Management and Guided Buying (P2O). They will help to ensure compliance and best practices and will act as a subject matter expert on the Ariba system and processes, proactively identifying and implementing process and system improvements.
- There are a number of different key responsibilities within the Procurement Systems Administrator role, which are outlined below:
Procurement System Process
- Working within the Ariba Project team act as an Analyst supporting the process and system design of new features including Supplier Management and Ariba Persona
- Act as an SME for the Ariba solution, proactively identifying and acting upon process and system improvements.
- Champion and lead initiatives with stakeholders including, procurement, finance, the business and suppliers working to improve processes, increase system usage and maximise efficiencies.
- Gather MI and feedback on system functionality, its fit with business requirements, and compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Monitor key procurement system and process KPIs and act upon them to drive compliance to process and policy.
- Act as a champion for the Commercial Procurement team with regard to systems, processes and policies with the ability to ‘sell’ the benefits to the business, and demonstrate these benefits and requirements across all levels where required.
- Be an escalation path for complex support issues.
- Engage with the supplier enablement and user adoption teams to drive the rollout of the Ariba P2P solution across the organisation
- Work with the P2P supplier enablement lead to align rollout objectives and supplier and catalogue enablement activities
- Engage with the user adoption team to drive the rollout of the Ariba P2P solution across the organisation
- Support the Category Managers in their use of the Sourcing & Contract Management solution helping to identify suitable categories for auction.
- Identify and utilise suitable forums to encourage consistency and best practice in use of the Ariba application and to drive adoption and appropriate use of the system within the user community to maximise the benefit of the solution.
- For the designated modules, support any required business training, education, awareness and communication requirements.
- Undertake knowledge sharing and training within your own team and the wider business
- Understand the operational processes, controls and policies underpinning the use of the system, the system’s business objectives, and look for opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in driving compliance by ensuring that CP policies, procedures and methodologies are being followed
- Partner with business & Finance on a regular basis to ensure continuous process improvement
- Provide 2nd Line support to Local “Super-Users”
- Solve tickets issues
- Apply understanding of assigned business process to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures
- Work closely with the process owner and team lead to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant experience in sourcing, sourcing processes and eProcurement systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to inspire trust and confidence Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
- High level of experience in SAP
- High level of competence in MS Office products (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of other Procurement systems (including Ariba Guided Buying, SAP and Business Warehouse Reporting Tools)
- Good commercial awareness with an understanding of the retail industry
- Ability to take ownership of the completion of discrete tasks as well as identifying issues and potential resolution as part of the completion
- Well organised and able to prioritise tasks, using judgement to manage/escalate issues
- Superior ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal/stakeholder management skills and ability to interact at all levels
- Develops effective peer & working relationships within/across teams
- Ability to complete assigned tasks error free, with limited supervision and within agreed timeline
- Pragmatic with a logical and flexible approach to problem resolution
- Ability to adopt a customer-centric approach ensuring that the business stakeholders are satisfied with the service delivered
- Leverages understanding of customers / consumers / suppliers / stakeholders to inform business decisions