As a part of this role, you will learn about the procurement process and vendor contract management. This high value role is directly aligned to our 2020 company goals and will involve a wide cross-section of business partners: supply, product, finance, etc.
The work of a Procurement Operations Associate will be dynamic and requires building an understanding of Flexport’s carrier contracts, as well the “buy-side” Procure-to-Pay (P2P) process. Building a cost database is a key differentiator for Flexport in the industry, allowing us to automate and optimize many of our critical fulfillment and procurement processes and products: Fulfillment controls and FMT, Marketplace and SRT, disputes and financial reconciliation, allocation negotiation, and historical cost analysis. Accurate cost data has the potential to yield millions of dollars in net revenue benefits.
What you’ll do:
- Drive OKR attainment: Be part of the team that supports a new and critical function at Flexport directly tied to a company level goals
- Drive net revenue: Building a cost database drives net revenue through the data’s use in fulfillment, quoting, and other processes.
- Own end to end contract data management: Associates are contract experts in specific carriers and tradelanes and own data throughout its lifecycle.
- Build analytical and problem solving skills: As the owner of your contracts, Associates have opportunities to conduct analysis to determine trends for their data.
- Collaborate on process and tool development: You’ll get to develop scalable, long-term processes for contract management, data quality assessments, disputes, procurement cost reporting, and margin management.
- Work with external vendors: You’ll have the opportunity to work with and ensure high performance from our external vendor, Portrix.
What you’ll need:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Love problem solving and have a strong analytical mindset.
- Strong excel skills and analytical mindset
- Being comfortable working in ambiguity
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- To bring a ground floor execution with strategic vision
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade – a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we’ve raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description