Zodiac Maritime Limited is the largest privately-owned ship management company in the UK with a worldwide trading presence and recognised reputation for performance excellence.
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement and Logistics Officer to join the team.
In accordance with the requirements of the Technical Fleet Managers and internal procedures, the successful candidate will be responsible for the sourcing of high-quality spares and parts, in the most cost and time effective manner, for the respective fleets.
Primary responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Obtaining quotes and negotiating prices with approved suppliers from across the globe.
- Supplying technical stores which the Master cannot order, by obtaining local quotes, gaining approval, placing orders and ensuring delivery.
- Co-ordinating and directing, in the most cost-effective way, the dispatch of spare orders to vessels throughout the world via the most convenient port and following up on the delivery status.
- Checking and approving invoices against orders.
- Keeping abreast of new product information.
- Liaising with the vessel regarding their requirements, evaluating suppliers and condition of goods arriving on board. Follow up with Captain and Chief Engineer.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Graduate with an academic background containing finance, procurement, supply chain management or a similar subject matter.
- Proven experience in a similar procurement or technical position in shipping, would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of the purpose and scope of procurement and effective negotiation strategies with suppliers.
- Working knowledge of complex ERP system, such as SAP.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively on the Company’s behalf.
- Proven analytical skills together with the ability to support decisions with sound reasoning and judgement.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to identify and focus on relevant information.
- Ability to work on their own initiative within a fast-paced environment.
- Effective planning and organisational skills.
- Strong ethics and the proven ability to engage and establish trust, credibility and confidence with internal and external contacts.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.