Farfetch packaging is the Customers’ first physical point of contact with us; our packaging helps us tell our Customers how much we care about them, about our products and about the environment.
The Packaging Supply Chain Manager will have full responsibility for the end-to-end Packaging Supply Chain, from design and production to forecasting planning, stock management, logistics and delivery of over 5 million boxes per year.
In your day-to-day work you will orchestrate all the activities from the teams that have an impact on our packaging Supply Chain, including your own, giving them direction and focus and making sure that you are getting from them the right service and insight to deliver the best service to all our packaging Customers.
What you’ll do
- Lead the continuous redesign of our packaging together with our Marketing, Logistics, Sustainability and Procurement Teams towards a safer, more sustainable and more Customer friendly packaging.
- Lead, together with our Procurement Team, our product specification library for boxes and other packaging related consumables, all RFI and RFQ processes as well as our regular supplier management routines.
- Manage the forecasting, production planning, inventory planning, stock deployment and replenishment across the end-to-end Supply Chain.
- Manage the relationship with the 3rd Party Logistics providers, both for warehousing and picking and for shipping to our partners.
- Manage, together with your Team and supporting Teams, all the transactional aspects of the packaging Supply Chain, from Customer order taking to PO management and replenishment orders from our suppliers.
- Take responsibility for the full P&L of the Packaging Supply Chain operation, including the costs incurred by our partners, and optimize our Packaging network towards a lower environmental impact and a reduced logistics cost for all the stakeholders.
- Lead all the Packaging related Supply Chain initiatives with focus on maximizing the percentage of space occupancy inside our boxes.
- Manage the logistics of the Farfetch Boutique. An operation dedicated to process and re-sell refused returns from our partners.
Who you are
- Proven experienced in Supply Chain Management within a Retail and/or E-commerce environment. Experience with packaging would be a plus.
- 4+ years experienced in end-to-end Supply Chain Management, with the ability to understand complex, sequential supply chains from commoditized raw materials to demanding customers.
- Experience managing stock in service focused environments with long lead-times, very high stock availability expectations and considerable seasonal fluctuations.
- Proactive with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have a BA or Master in economics, engineering, management or supply chain.
- A good communicator, with the ability to create effective relationships throughout the business across all levels.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
- Fluent in English (both oral and written).
- Professional, reliable and have a flexible attitude, with the ability to stay calm under pressure in difficult situations.
- People management experienced, with the ability to lead, inspire, motivate and develop a team.