Dublin, Jan. 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Conveyor Systems – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global market for Conveyor System is projected to reach US$9 billion by 2025, driven by the strong focus shed on automation and production efficiency in the era of smart factory and industry 4.0. Automating labor intensive operations is the starting point for automation, and as the most labor intensive process in manufacturing and warehousing, material handling is at the bottom of the automation pyramid. Defined as the movement of products and materials throughout the manufacturing process, material handling is labor intensive and expensive. Benefits of automating material handling include reduced human role in unproductive, repetitive and labor intensive tasks and the ensuing freeing up of resources for other core activities; greater throughput capability; better space utilization; increased production control; inventory control; improved stock rotation; reduced operation cost; improved worker safety; reduced losses from damage; and reduction in handling costs.
Benefiting from increased investments in factory automation are conveyor systems, the workhorse of every processing and manufacturing plant. Technology innovation remains crucial to growth in the market. Few of the noteworthy innovations include use of direct drive motors that eliminate gears and helps engineer simplified and compact models; active conveyor belt systems perfected for efficient positioning of load; smart conveyors with advanced motion control technology; development of vacuum conveyors for fragile products that need to be placed securely; backlit conveyor belts for improved assembly line productivity and lower error rate; flexible (adjustable-width) conveyors that can accommodate different shaped and sized objects; energy efficient designs with smarter motors and controllers.
Object detection on a conveyor belt such as food-grade metal-detectable belt or magnetic conveyor belt is a huge revenue generating innovation targeted at the food end-use industry which helps identify metal contaminants in food as it travels along the processing stages. Among the application areas, manufacturing, processing, logistics and warehousing are major end-use markets. Airports are emerging as a new end-use opportunity with growing passenger traffic and increased need to reduce baggage check-in time resulting in increased deployment of baggage conveying systems.
The United States and Europe represent large markets worldwide with a combined share of 56%. China ranks as the fastest growing market with a 6.5% CAGR over the analysis period supported by the Made in China (MIC) 2025 initiative that aims to bring the country’s massive manufacturing and production sector into the forefront of global technology competitiveness. Inspired by Germany’s “Industry 4.0”, MIC 2025 will enhance adoption of automation, digital and IoT technologies. Faced with new and changing economic forces, the Chinese government through this initiative is stepping up investments in cutting edge robotics, automation and digital IT technologies to competitively integrate into the global manufacturing chain dominated by industrialized economies such as EU, Germany and the United States and move from being a low cost competitor to a direct added-value competitor. The scenario bodes well for the adoption of conveyor systems in the country.
Competitors identified in this market include, among others:
- Allied Conveyor Systems, Inc.
- BEUMER Group GmbH & Co. KG
- Caterpillar, Inc.
- Daifuku Co., Ltd.
- Dematic Group
- Dorner Mfg. Corp.
- Durr AG
- Dynamic Conveyor Corporation
- Eisenmann AG
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Fives Group
- Flexlink AB
- Honeywell Intelligrated
- Hytrol Conveyor Co., Inc.
- Interroll Group
- Kardex AG
- Mahindra Tsubaki Conveyor Systems (MTC) Pvt. Ltd.
- Murata Machinery, Ltd.
- SSI Schaefer – Fritz Schaefer GmbH
- Swisslog Holding AG
- Vanderlande Industries B. V.
Key Topics Covered:
I. INTRODUCTION, METHODOLOGY & REPORT SCOPE
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Material Handling Equipment: An Introduction
- Percentage Breakdown of Global Material Handling Equipment Market by Segment (2019E, 2021F and 2023F)
- Percentage Breakdown of Global Material Handling Equipment Market by Region (2019E, 2021F and 2023F)
- Conveying Equipment and Conveyor System: A Prelude
- Types of Conveyors
- Overhead Conveyor
- Floor Conveyor
- Roller Conveyor
- Pallet Conveyor
- Crescent Conveyor
- Belt Conveyor
- Other Types of Conveyor System
- Major Uses and Applications
- Energy Cost: Critical Component of a Conveyor Equipment
- End-Use Industry Overview
- Global Economic Outlook
- Global Economic Outlook: Real GDP Growth Rates in % by Country/Region for the Years 2017 through 2020
- Global Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) for the Years 2012 through 2019
- Conveyor System: Market Overview
- Belt Conveyors: The Most Dominant Segment Type
- Warehouse & Distribution and Food & Beverage: Leading End Markets
- Europe: The Largest Geographic Region
- Asian Economies Led by China to Spearhead Future Growth
- Global Competitor Market Shares
- Conveyor System Competitor Market Share Scenario Worldwide (in %): 2019
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Conveyor Systems Market Growing with Demand Emanating from Conventional and Niche Application Markets
- Manufacturing and Packaging
- Transportation and Logistics
- Factors Influencing Demand for Conveyors
- Need for Secure Environment in Industries Drive Large Scale Installation of Conveyor Systems
- Integration of Warehouse Management Technologies with Material Handling Equipment Need of the Hour
- Distribution Logistics Simplify Outbound Movement of Products
- Omnichannel Commerce Creates a Paradigm Shift
- Motorized Roller Conveyor Technology Improves Supply Chain Excellence
- Demand for Automated MHE with Conveyor Systems on the Rise
- Growing Importance of Automation & Technology Drive Conveyor System Usage in Food & Beverage Industry
- Global Sales of Processed Foods in US$ Billion for Years 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020
- Rising Demand for Processed Meat: Major Growth Driver for Conveyor System
- Dairy Products: Churning Out New Opportunities for Conveyor System
- Global Production of Butter, Cheese, Skim Milk Powder, and Whole Milk Powder (in Kilo Tons) by Developed and Developing Countries for 2017 and 2026
- Strong Demand for Beverages Spurs Growth
- Global Beverage Market (2019): Percentage Breakdown of Sales by Beverage Type – Beer, Carbonated Soft Drinks, Coffee, Fruit & Vegetable Juices, Milk, Packaged Water, Tea and Others
- Ensuring Sanitation of Belt Conveyors Key to Long Term Reliability
- Automotive Industry: Shifting Gears to Automated Systems
- Strengthening Automobile Production Fuels Demand for Conveyor Systems
- Global Passenger Cars Production (In Million Units) by Geographic Region/Country for the Years 2017, 2019, 2022
- Steady Production of Consumer Electronics Drives Demand for Automated Conveyors
- Growth in Conveyor Belt Market Driven by Metallurgy and Mining Industry
- Belt Conveyors Score over Trucking in Long Distance Scenarios
- Surging Demand for Air Travel Drives Need for New Airports and Infrastructure Modernization
- Global Air Traffic Demand: Number of Air Passengers in Billion for the Years 2011 to 2025F
- Baggage Conveyor Systems Critical for Operational Efficiencies at Airports
- Smart Airports: Opportunity for Growth
- Global Smart Airports Market: Annual Spending Figures in US$ Million by Geographic Region for the Years 2018 and 2024
- Industrial Equipment/Machinery Manufacturing Industry Promises Bright Prospects
- Global Construction Equipment Market: Revenues in US$ Billion for the Years 2019, 2021, 2023 and 2025
- Global Mining Equipment Market: Revenues in US$ Billion for the Years 2019, 2021, 2023 and 2025
- Conveyor Belts and Industrial IoT Applications
- Global Market for Factory Automation: Revenues in US$ Billion for the Years 2017, 2019E and 2023F
- Smart Monitoring through Intelligent Conveyor Systems
- Demand Goes Strong for Smart Conveyor Equipment
- Modular Designed Conveyor Systems Add Versatility
- Pallet Conveyors Efficiently Transport Discreet Products
- Automated Conveyor Systems: Indispensable for Quality Services
- Growing e-Commerce Impacts Automated Conveyor Systems
- Pallet Conveyors Find Suitability in Automated Applications
- Latest Design Trends in Conveyor Systems
- Select Conveyor Technologies: Delivering Improved Performance in Industrial Settings
- Direct Drive
- Smart Conveyor
- Active Conveyor Belt Technology
- Flexible Purpose Conveyors
- Compact Design Conveyors
- Upgrading Gravity Roller Conveyor to Motorized Roller Conveyor
- Automated Conveyors Preferred Over Chain Conveyors for Smooth and Quiet Operation
- Challenges in Maintenance of Conveyor Belts
- Material Handling Industry: Common Conveyor Belt Problems and Solutions
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Total Companies Profiled: 81
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ixdni
CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager [email protected] For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900