At the American Cancer Society, we’re leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
The Coordinator, Community Support role is responsible for performing activities to ensure region offices are opened and staffed to serve the customer in their respective communities as well as perform activities to support a portfolio of community development and/or distinguished events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: mail management, general office operations, office volunteer management, donation/income processing, general event support, event materials & product support, data entry, and standard reporting.
• Provide office supply management, to include ordering, inventory, receiving orders, and expenses
• Responsible for materials/product management – receiving orders, maintaining inventory, and distributing to appropriate staff
• Oversee mail management, coordinate receipt, and distribution of letters, packages, correspondence, sort mail, process all office bulk mailings, maintain postage due accounts and postage in meters
• Provide support for facility management, interact with building management and landlord as needed, serve as a liaison for the Facilities Department for annual building inspections injury incident reports, office closure, security point of contact, local point of contact for internal/ external office vendors
• Provide general office operation support, coordinates office space utilization and equipment with regional facility manager; manages off-site/internal storage facility clean up and maintains and manages an inventory of fixed assets
• Process office-related expenses in Concur and invoices in ACS Marketplace
• Point of contact for meeting and trainings being held at the office location including AV equipment, conference rooms, office meetings and trainings (beverages, food, room preparation, supplies)
• Serve as a liaison for the IT department; works with them to receive/return needed equipment (i.e. new hires/departures, event-related needs, etc.), resolve office-wide computer-related issues, and acts as a point of contact for computer and hardware upgrades and phone systems.
• Oversee reception and front desk duties, receive incoming calls, provide assistance to callers; greets visitors, and provide assistance, as needed, maintain visitor sign-in log, ensures the office is covered for opening and closures, and addresses general event and mission-related inquiries from walk-ins.
• Oversee office volunteer management and collaborates with the Volunteer Care Team to fulfill volunteer requests.
• Oversees all income processing and cash management in accordance with Finance and internal audit procedures.
• Manage local office Salesforce service request activities and reassign as necessary Event Support:
• Responsible to create, prepare, proof-read, and review content and format for all events and related materials including but not limited to: invitations, RSVP’s, brochures, posters, letters, programs, certificates, and name tags.
• Provides event and material product support. Maintains records of orders ensuring appropriate accounting. Set up and compile information for distinguished events including bid forms, bid paddles, and accurate seat assignments & charts within Greater Giving.
• Order event related supplies including but not limited to: awards, brochures, apparel (as applicable), supplies, invitations, promotional products (gifts giveaways, etc.), t-shirts, luminaria, and incentive prizes.
• Prepares event correspondence, team captain packets, sends invitations for kickoffs, registration nights, committee meetings, and other events. Manages RSVP process for event and event-related meetings. Maintains contact list for events. Prepares mailings (lists, labels, stuffing, and sealing), bulk mail, mail merge, etc.
• Provides general event support: maintain schedule of locations, dates, and times for events. Assist with event participant registration/ticket purchasing as needed, maintain insurance and contract process (certificates of insurance), act as a point of contact for event-related inquiries (SRs, phone, walk-ins), manage auction process (entering auction items, coordinate auction item; not to include soliciting auction items) .
• Assists in proactive planning for distinguished events, including future needs of materials, copies, brochures, sponsor packets, etc., assist lead staff with training of registration and check out process, assist with clean-up of auction including refund of credit cards, wrong auction items, etc., work with lead staff to sync Greater Giving, assist lead staff with locating and updating pictures of all silent auction items, post-event management activities, work with lead staff to keep auction inventory in a safe and in order, pack and send back Greater Giving terminals. Maintain a small game of chance license.
• Performs event data entry to include: income, expenses, sponsorship, etc. into Salesforce and Greater Giving. Maintain and update records of committees, sponsors, survivors, etc., ensure post-event data was entered into Salesforce accurately and timely. Submits new and updated event data to SSBC when necessary.
• Provides on day event support as approved and within policy. Attend event to support staff and volunteers, help volunteers through registration and check out, help set up and take down the computers, printer, etc. Provide support for onsite donation processing.
• Provides support for event income processing (assist office support in the local office(s)). Ensures proper preparation of batch headers, process donations, create bank night kits: batch forms, accounting packets, log, bank bags, and income processing box. Reconciles income and expenses in Lawson.
• Pulls reports as needed to support ACS Distinguished & Community Events, reviews reports as needed, follows up on data quality or content concerns; compiles and summarizes data to meet specific account management needs. Manages specific data (i.e., registrations, donations, previous YTD information, lapsed participants, team leader reports, etc.).
• Associate’s degree preferred; or a combination of education and work experience.
• 0-2 years of office or event support experience.
• Demonstrates Regional Support Services Competencies: Being resilient, Collaborates, Communicates effectively, Customer focus, Ensures accountability, Instills trust, Optimizes work processes, Resourcefulness.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong computer skills; strong word processing, database management, and spreadsheet skills, and the ability to learn propriety systems.
• Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner.
• Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures. SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Limited travel, including evening and weekend work required.
• Ability to lift 30lbs.
Compensation and benefits:
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow, and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.