• Region includes states of CA, NV, AZ, UT, ID, OR, WA
• Manages and accountable for ALL Fitness Channel distribution sales in region
• Conducts ride along days with distributor outside sales reps
• Supports distributors inside sales staff
• Key account manager for regional accounts in channel
• Travels to support geographies outside of assigned region when necessary
• National and regional trade show support within channel
• Accountable for delivering trade/promo spend to budget
• Flexible to support other channels of trade, when/if applicable
OVERARCHING REGIONAL SALES MANAGER POSITION DUTIES BY ALL CHANNEL STANDARDS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Manages a region of the US which would include one or more states, traveling to all areas of the assigned territory to conduct business as necessary to grow business in both existing and prospective accounts
· Creates business plan for region with goal to achieve sales objectives aligned with channel/team’s sales objectives, and is responsible for the delivery of results of the business plan goals and objectives including: sales/revenue performance for assigned areas
· Calls directly on senior management at distributors, sub-distributors, and/or wholesalers as targeted in business plan, and cultivates strong, multi-level relationships within customer organization
· Opens new businesses by riding with customer route teams for assigned customers in channel of trade and within territory. Minimum standard established by supervisor.
· RM monitors and manages the execution of all sales reporting programs as determined by the senior executive team, VP Sales or Director of Sales.
· Utilizes Salesforce as assigned by supervisor, if applicable or other tools to track productivity
· Identifies strategic distribution partners and negotiates partnerships within assigned geographical region which meet organization’s profit and growth goals
· Operational responsibilities include: budgeting sales revenue, forecasting inventory to ensure regional customer’s needs and demands are met as business scales
· Calls on regional key accounts or other chain accounts in specific region
· Other areas of customer / trade management might include but are not limited to:
• On- Premise channel
• Vending channel
· Region Managers target and develop routes to market which include any and all means necessary to achieve product placement.
· Region Manager business plans created in conjunction with channel Vice President should include RM’s relationship development with senior level personnel at routes to market such as:
• key distributors with portfolios and geographies which match our goals
• Wholesalers – including key customers to land large wholesalers and relay this information to key wholesaler’s senior management. “Work” the wholesaler team to ensure the retail locations are maximized for said wholesaler, opening/penetrating as many wholesaler customers as possible.
• Regional Key Account Chains or divisions of major national accounts
• Brokers handling the distribution channels or customers
Administrative Duties include:
· Attend National and Regional Trade shows
· Potentially oversee or manage tradeshow execution with direct reports or local event team.
· To maintain Sales Force program – training is the team member’s responsibility, request in writing additional training if necessary.
• Uses the app as instructed
• Participates with your supervisor in summary discussions to ensure we are maximizing the efficiencies of your app and workflow as assigned.
· Adhering to company policies – social platforms, expenses, etc.
· Other duties as assigned by Director of Sales, VP Sales or corporate leadership
· Reviews case volume reports by distributor or wholesaler as available.
· Responsible for accessing any retailer portals to upload new items, maintain or download promotional timeframes or pricing
· Analyzes post promotional effects on volume and net dollars
· Works with VP to retrieve zone case volume and builds tools if necessary, to monitor (predict) volume gains / losses within quarter.
· Is responsible for communicating any forecasted shortages prior to month or quarter end to create plan in conjunction with channel team / VP, to close gaps
· Forecasts for regional customers by sku and turns in all forecasts on time as directed by zone or senior CELH staff members
· Fills out all reports on time at the request of Director of Sales, VP of Sales or corporate leadership
· Adheres to the highest standards of integrity with all reporting, expenses, relationships with others, and timeliness / attendance at work (M-F, 8:30 – 5:30 local time zone, and weekend events as needed)
Spirit of the role, attitudes and behaviors:
· Cultivate cross department relationships (Sales/Mktg/Fitness) within the company, but follow chain of command.
· Be on time for work daily, work engagements, and stay engaged in work activities during normal working hours (8:30 – 5:30 M-F, EST) while being self-motivated to go above and beyond each day.
· Adhere to mandatory deadlines provided by management team
· Exercise appropriate behavior with Customers, always representing CELSIUS in the best and most professional manner
· Exercise the highest level of fiduciary duty to the company in all financial matters, including samples and expenses, promotional spending and every aspect of the company’s business.
· Possess ample knowledge of product, industry, channel, competitive brands, and customers’ issues and typical needs. Understand difference between channel/segment of category, types of categories, how they work present at retail, where CELSIUS would fit. Train direct reports on same topics, knowledge share.
· Keep direct reports motivated and excited about CELSIUS, if applicable. Share their success stories with Management Team.
· 85% of job will be time in the field, 15% admin, preplanning and follow up along with traveling as needed
Leading subordinate team members, the RM role takes on the following responsibilities (if applicable):
· Set goals and track activity if assigned subordinates within territory and report results to Manager.
· Ensure Sales Force is utilized at all times/as suggested with self and others in region
· Ensure self and direct reports know how to calculate retailer math (cost, margin, retail, penny profit, etc.), and adhere to MAP standards on pricing and promotions in the trade.
· Ensure all direct reports and supporting team (brokers, wholesalers, distributors) are using the updated branded, marketing and selling materials at all times for all channels of trade.
· Proactively reposition direct reports daily activities to ensure regional coverage to achieve business objectives. As market dynamics change, the RM will be responsible for utilizing the tools to maximize efficiency of all direct reports.
· Continue established customer relations in key accounts and training direct reports to do the same
· Manages team of direct reports or customers in assigned area to achieve all goals set forth by the senior sales leadership
• Must have 5-7 years of account management experience
• Experience in North American Fitness Channel
• Experience in generating and maintaining relationships with sales leads
• Must have a passion for the CELSIUS brand and self-motivated to succeed
• Must have strong organizational skills
• Must have strong presentation skills and experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be fluent in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook etc.