3D printing is an emerging technology that brands and retailers are increasingly incorporating into their manufacturing processes. We discuss ways to leverage 3D technology to optimize their retail supply chains, including:
- A detailed look at 3D printing technology and the steps involved to create a product
- The four ways to best utilize 3D printing and the benefits of this technology—including increased efficiency and sustainability
- An overview of select 3D printing vendors, their revenue and the technology and services they provide
- Use cases for 3D printing in the apparel, cosmetics, footwear, furniture and jewelry markets—including retailers Adidas, IKEA and Neutrogena
- The limitations that have held mainstream retailers back from consistent or large-scale use of 3D printing in manufacturing
- Implications for brands, retailers and technology vendors
To read more about technology in retail supply chains, click here to read the latest report in our Reshaping Supply Chains for the 2020s report.